Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Learning and Development Manager who
will play a critical role in the day-to-day learning and development (L&D) activities and within the HR team. This role will coordinate all L&D activities but also partner with business managers, other members of the L&D department, and HR. The position can be based in one of Hitachi Rail headquarters in Europe
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Contribute to the definition of Group HR global strategy by providing all the inputs related to Learning & Development activities (e.g. learning needs, competence planning & demand analysis, etc.) in compliance with Hitachi Rail Global strategy and guidelines. Accountabilities
- Ensure the competence planning & demand analysis, generation, update, monitoring & reporting, in alignment with Hitachi Rail mid-term plan and in compliance with Hitachi Rail Global strategy and guidelines.
- Ensure the design and implementation of the Hitachi Rail global learning needs analysis process, in alignment with competence planning and demand process
- Ensure the identification, design, execution, communication, monitoring and reporting of Special Global projects (LKC, Talent, etc.) in compliance with Hitachi Rail Global strategy and guidelines.
- Ensure designing and monitoring of the global catalogue of learning resources, courses, workshops and initiatives leveraging on the Hitachi offering with special focus and analysis on:
- Technical competencies
- Professional competencies
- Relevant regulations and statutory, mandatory & compliance learning to be fulfilled
- Leadership competencies
- Ensure monitoring the definition of effective competence certification guidelines and process in line with both Hitachi Rail Group strategy and guidelines and local requirements and regulations
- Ensure the identification and overall monitoring on funded training initiatives
- Ensure the implementation, maintenance and governance of relevant processes and data on relevant IT systems
- Ensure the management of relationships with Schools, Universities with reference to competences trends and data source in compliance with Hitachi Rail Global strategy and guidelines
- Ensure the development of competencies, skills and knowledge of the assigned resources in alignment with Group HR strategy, guidelines and policies
- Ensure the staffing, workload analysis and resource allocation to the specific L&D activities in alignment with Group priorities
- Ensure the implementation of the Global Hitachi Rail Group culture and the development of behaviours/competences in line with the Hitachi values and a collaborative approach among the assigned resources
- Ensure the assignment of the targets to the assigned resources in line with Hitachi Rail Group goals
- Ensure the definition and the implementation of the L&D competence development plans and the capitalization of know-how/best practices.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Master or Bachelor Degree in one or more of the following; Education/Professional Education and Training; HR/Human Resource Development; Organizational Development
- Minimum 10 years of professional expertise backed up substantial experience in L&D (Training & Development), ideally in a regional or international role
- Knowledge of theories and practices regarding organizational development, training and learning
- Ability to identify and communicate which learning and development initiatives may impact in different situations
- Skills and experience in the planning, implementation and monitoring of learning and development tools
- Strong organization and planning skills
- A strong leader with the skills and aptitude to motivate and inspire people; highly engaging and empathetic
- Ability to work by objectives
- Competencies and experience in Project Management
- Analytical skills and data analytics competencies Ability to carry out analyses on the performance of training programs while drawing insights that lead to their improvement, and formulating lasting solutions and the development of new strategies.
- Digitally empowered to utilize innovative practices to achieve outcomes of learning and talent development programs
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
Educated to degree level Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Hitachi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process .
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers! #LI-KG1
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/