Meet our Team
A Services Sales Principal is a senior thought leader that drive service-led complex solution opportunities with our largest, strategic customers. The role is responsible for collaborating with sales teams and customer executives to help lead, win and deliver value added customer outcomes combining Hitachi solutions and offerings. As the solution opportunity is explored, the SSP develops an agenda, define a sales campaign roadmap, and decide which technology components are needed to achieve the client's objectives.
SSPs are the central point of contact for our clients for any service sales aligned to the overall solution's components.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Close sales opportunities and negotiate commercial terms and conditions
- Capture, understand and analyze specific customer business issues and demands and translate them into a Hitachi vision and solution
- Identify Hitachi capability gaps in delivering on transformational services, and identify and engage partners to complete solution
- Author and produce competitive sales tools in the form of presentations, briefs, white papers and web site content
- Act as the subject matter expert for Hitachi services, both externally and internally with the core sales team and delivery team
- Forecast and maintain internal sales systems as the opportunity owner and ensuring communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management
- Leverage existing relationships with CIO, CXO, BU heads within a targeted set of Global / large national accounts to develop deep and trusted relationships
- Build focused account plans that ensure new business development and maintain account growth
- Collaborate with other Hitachi companies in develop joint solutions and competitive account positioning, client messaging, and sales plays that effectively promotes the advantages of One-Hitachi
- Orchestrate Hitachi internal resources and core sales team to drive sales cycles
- Min 10+ years in IT sales or infrastructure consulting
- Experience directly leading client executives through multi-year IT programs, starting during the pre-sales cycle thru to customer service hand off.
- Prior work on topics related to data management and storage context
- Experience in orchestrating technical and sales resources to drive large customer projects in your key accounts
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills which allow you to influence and interact with confidence and credibility at all levels within One-Hitachi, customers, partners and vendors.
- Experience working in matrixed, complex, fast-moving and constantly changing environments within an extremely competitive market.
- Practical understanding of data governance, big-data and analytics, IOT, data storage, hybrid cloud as well as the solution's value when mapped to an account's business needs.
- Ability for overnight travel on a national or international basis.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in engineering or business discipline.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge