Cloud - Kubernetes - Automation Test EngineerLocation: HyderabadExperience: 6-10 yearsThe Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Software Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team.Responsibilities
Hitachi Vantara Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data, information, and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
We are looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
As a Software Developer, you will work directly with other developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand feature requirements, review technical designs, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience in Quality Engineering and establishing best practices
- Expertise in technologies - Cloud, BigData, Kubernetes, Containers
- Expertise in any one scripting language - Shell, Bash, Python, PHP, Java
- Exposure to repository technologies - NoSQL, SQL/RDBMS
- Strong understanding of functional and non-functional scenarios within Manual and Automation tests
- Exposure to any automation testing framework - Selenium, Rest assured
- Technical exposure to Test processes, tools and methodologies experienced in developing - deploying applications using containers or Kubernetes clusters.
- Can help and guide team members with technical issues, architecture - design
Nice to have:
- Oversee internal processes and procedures to ensure quality, identify areas for improvements
- Experience in Agile development practices
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Clear understanding of related technologies, product features and customer usage patterns and formulate appropriate testing strategy
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
- Experience with Mongo DB, Python, Serenity for UI automation is a huge plus.
- Experience with testing methodologies with CI-CD approaches
- Experience with source code management systems - GitHub, GitLab
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.