At 33Across we are enabling online publishers to do what they do best: create great content. We offer online publishers a suite of products that drive incremental traffic, increase user engagement, and monetize their content. Our programmatic advertising and data platforms and solutions allow major brands to reach their intended audience through effective, high-impact marketing messages. We are a profitable company with a proven business model and consistent revenue growth. There are over a million sites worldwide deploying 33Across products and technology
The Role :
33Across is seeking a senior level Engineer to join our ODC team, with Rails, and Java experience to extend our current platform and build innovative new products for our network of online publishers. You will have the opportunity to work on the company¶s core publisher-facing product suite, build and use APIs to integrate with partners, Data Processing, ETL pipelines, etc. Our innovative platform leverages Big Data to provide our 1 million+ publishers with unique insights about how their content is being copied and shared by their consumers, as well as help some of the largest publishers in the world monetize their content.
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for building scalable products, strong software design skills, and a desire to learn from, mentor, and teach their peers.
You Will :
- Build, enhance, and maintain our Publisher Applications, including dashboards, workflows, API¶s and data processing systems.
- Work closely with our designer, to build and enhance new UI workflows, and maintain existing ones.
- Integrate with our SQL / Big Data / NoSQL backend infrastructure (including partners) to pull data that feeds insights and reports. Example technologies: MySQL, Redis, Hadoop, MongoDB.
- Work closely with other developers, designers, quality assurance and operations engineers, and product managers to develop and support new and existing systems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 7+ years of overall software development experience.
- 5+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience developing and supporting high-availability, high-performance and scalable web applications and backend systems.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Understanding the Principles of Web Distributed Systems.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Thorough practical knowledge of RSpec and loves following/ enforcing TDD/ BDD. Ɣ Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
- Experience working with relational databases (specifically MySQL). Knowledge of query optimization.
- A high level of comfort with Linux utilities and CLI. Ɣ Experience in working with or building a CI/CD model.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good at Oral and Written communication.
- A Bachelor¶s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Bonus Points :
- Hands on JAVA experience.
- Any experience with Hadoop, HBase, Pig, Hive or Redis.
- If you like working on personal projects and can share code samples