About Hitachi Vantara
Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! We have a proven track record of creating the future for more than 100 years. Thousands of the most mission critical systems in the world's largest enterprises use our solutions today. We're going to change the way the world works and we're going to make it a better place. Not by helping our customers and partners innovate but rather, by helping them intelligently innovate so they can deliver outcomes that truly matter for business and society.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Job Title most commonly recognized in the market place for this position:
Desktop Support Analyst
Location: Hyderabad, India
This position is responsible for provide desktop support services primarily to end users in India and, secondarily, provide remote support to end users within APAC. This position will be based out of the Hitachi Vantara office, located at Hyderabad, in India.
The candidate will be working with the existing team in performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems. The candidate is responsible for making effective use of available technical resources and providing the service within established service levels. He/she will be performing installs, moves, adds and changes (IMAC), data backup/restores, computer virus management, data migrations, and workstation refresh activities.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Macintosh and Windows end-user workstations, related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations, including the installation these upgrades (for example memory).
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Work with the company's helpdesk on assigned problem/IMAC tickets.
• Answer to and perform IMAC requests as they are submitted through the service desk.
• Deploy software through SCCM (SMS) and Casper Mac Management Suite.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum of 3 years of IT Desktop Support experience.
• Fluency in English (verbal/written) is required.
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Windows 10 highly desired.
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) for Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 highly desired.
• A+ certification highly desired.
• Strong technical skills in supporting x86/x64 hardware platforms.
• Ability to quickly trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
• Experience working in an Active Directory environment including SCCM.
• Experience with desktop virtualization (e.g. Xen) preferred but not required.
• Concentrated focus on defect reduction and quality of services.
• Excellent customer relations and customer support skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
• Prepared to travel to other countries as well