Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with your scrum team to write frameworks and tools to test products and come up with strategies/various test scenarios to qualify software solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development involvement from start to finish for each project.
• Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies.
• Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
• Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
• Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
• Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
• Collaborate with developers across scrum teams to maintain technical design and code standards
• Participate in reviews of business requirements
• Contribute to functional specifications, technical designs, and qualification plans
Experience and Skills
• 5-10+ years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
• Experience in designing solutions from scratch
• Experience in developing test automation tools and frameworks using Java
• Experience in developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented development and coding skills
• Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers and replication.
• Deep understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies)
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
• Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.