IFD Client Partner
About Hitachi Social Innovation
Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business addresses the world’s most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focusing on more efficient and effective usage of assets, data and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call the double bottom line.
Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi’s broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge digital and end to end solutions and services in Mobility and Energy.
Hitachi Europe is a Principal Partner to the COP26 climate change conference and has recently secured a long-term partnership with First Bus Glasgow; working to decarbonise their depot operations.
Hitachi Europe is in the process of scaling Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation (IFD) venture and have several large-scale, exciting opportunities and partnerships in development that will act as the catalyst to deliver its growth ambition.
Reporting to the Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation Managing Director, you will own the client relationship, P&L and plan the accounts strategy for long-term profitable growth for a number of clearly identified target clients. You will drive, manage and build new networks within these customers to position Hitachi Europe as their trusted partner and thought leader.
Working collaboratively with other Hitachi Business Units, clients and prospects, you will work to understand key client needs and orchestrate senior level client discussions that serve to develop new strategic opportunities for the client and result in a successful close.
You will take ownership of client relationships; ensuring that we deliver outstanding services and ensure customer satisfaction, whilst providing valuable client feedback and insights that can serve to enhance our product road map and innovations in solution / service delivery.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing customer feedback into our product and delivery teams
- Manage and deliver complex commercial deals
- Working with our pre-sales teams, proposition owners and relevant Hitachi Business Unit staff, taking responsibility for the go to market of these value propositions
- Working with the product/technical teams, refine, develop and deploy new product solutions based upon direct customer interactions and feedback through the sales process
- In a player/manager capacity, ensure the monthly, quarterly and annual goals are achieved and provide effective governance, communication and qualification approaches to ensure the pipeline is effectively and efficiently managed across our proposition areas and into our partner Hitachi organisations
- Rigorous management and accurate forecasting for monthly, quarterly and annual goals with robust qualification methodology and accurate projections
- Own, build and manage account plans for clearly identified target clients in each of our proposition areas and track progress against key goals
- Manage and maintain performance against sales target KPIs for the business
- Articulate how our propositions can be used to drive business value for our customers
- Understand key business value levers in different target segments
- Understand customers & Hitachi business structure and how they vary across geographies
- Manage own sales opportunities and support the ongoing sales pursuits of the sales team
- Maintain and expand our relevance to each client through account development.
- Work with colleagues to build a high performing team
Skills & Competencies Required
- Significant work experience in sales, account management and business development in the transport or energy industry at a professional services / consultancy, software or technology company
- Successful track record of selling into transport operators and transport government authorities within the UK
- Demonstrable track record within sales/business development for digital solutions and services
- Successful track record of capture teams coaching and managing, leading to substantial deal closure by the team
- Solution Engineering selling methodology and approach
- Strong communicator to take the lead and structured approach
- Ability to understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape, transition to net zero challenges and decarbonisation
- Maintains good rapport and demonstrates leadership and collaborative teamwork in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work seamlessly in a direct and virtual matrixed managed environment
- Bookings driven and expert in sales process management
- Customer focused and savvy business hunter mentality
- Excellent academic qualifications with a BSc Degree and/or MSc, or equivalent level of experience
- Embraces a culture of trust, free thought and complete transparency
- Ability to impact and effect change without being confrontational
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Big picture thinking
- Works well under pressure
- Critical thinking
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Speaking at least one Scandinavian language and English fluently is an advantage.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening