Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples - Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission
Contribute to the delivery of a software fulfilling input requirements (Functional, Performances, Quality), based on the best efficient modular design managing the best compromise between Budget, Schedule, Risks, Reuse and standardization for future. Accountabilities
- Support the proper requirements management (identification & apportionment between GA and SA) for all the phases of the software lifecycle according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of a complete solution (Modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms
- Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning,..)
- Contribute to the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes (IMS).
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 3 up to 5 years of technical experience in Railway environment
- Railway, metro, signaling and automation systems
- SW advanced techniques
- Quality and CENELEC Standards
- Scheduling & Cost Estimation
- Signaling system/ subsystem architecture
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/