Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking an entry-level Product Analyst (Data Protection) to work with Senior Product Manager and support Data Protection solutions. The role will focus on driving development, introduction and sales of backup - restore appliances and other data-protection technologies to a WW customer base. It has responsibility for performing market analysis, studying technology trends, helping to build roadmap and partner eco-system for data protection products.What You Will Be Doing
- Support Senior Manager with building Data Protection product strategy and roadmap - 5%
- Assist Senior Product Manager with managing entire lifecycle of selected data protection products and solutions in Hitachi Vantara product portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, pricing, marketing, support planning and reporting. - 20%
- Support Senior Product Manager with developing product positioning, training aids, product specifications, whitepapers, and other collateral in collaboration with marketing, sales, engineering, and other cross-functional teams. - 20%
- Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for assigned product, upgrades, revision and coordinate with product-launch team. - 20%
- Identify new markets, new products and emerging technologies and build/strengthen partnerships with leading providers in the data protection market to enhance Hitachi Vantara product portfolio - 10%
- Regularly study market trends and competitive products, understand competition's value-positioning, and recommend product positioning to ensure roadmaps, pricing, and features are well-positioned. 10%
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Work with technology partners and build joint solutions with partners who develop next-generation data protection solutions and backup software for IT and Security Ops Management - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Product Manager or team leader - 10%
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, Compute Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Business Administration.
- Strong understanding of compute hardware, backup software and data protection market. 1- 2 year experience with backup software products.
- Familiarity with products from CommVault, Veritas, Veeam, Rubrik or Cohesity.
- Hands-on experience with Private/Public Cloud data management and data protection software from leading vendors is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong drive for results. Outstanding customer focus and critical thinking skills.
- Position is based in the United States. Ability to travel about 10% of the time. This position is part of a product management team with global responsibility.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge