Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role: Sr. Network Engineer
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall & VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
Role location: Chantilly, VA (onsite 5 days per week)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI poly Job Responsibilities:
• Provide project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensures implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
• Provides subject matter expertise and strategic oversight of enterprise network, voice, and video infrastructure initiatives to ensure proper design and in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies.
• Define/design target architectures, anticipating potential network, voice, and video growth; ensuring scalable and flexible core technologies
• Recommends and implements network standards to support the enterprise network infrastructure.
• Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
• Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
• Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code
• Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
• Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations and perform packet analysis. Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
• Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
• Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
General OSE Services:
• Tuning and optimization of network environment
• Conducts software release planning and documentation
• Assistance with installation of software upgrades
• Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User issues
• Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to technical support teams and End Users
• Audit and evaluate current IP Network deployments, providing recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
• Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies, and network modifications.
• Provide and review best practice recommendations for architecture, design, management and operation of customer's infrastructure
• Assist in the delivery of technology proof of concepts.
• Develop and maintain infrastructure documentationDesired Skillset:
• Certifications (required, minimum one): BCNP, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIE-ENT
• Certification (required): 8140/8570.1m compliance (Security+ minimum or at least willing to obtain within 30 days)
• 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, load-balancers, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design life cycle and documentation
• Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
• In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
• In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
• Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products.
• Firewall experience a plus.
• Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds, BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow, Netconf, Software defined networking is a plus.
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
• Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.