Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
As part of our Global Support Center (GSC), you will have the ability to work with industry experts in nearly every aspect of IT and OT technology. From public/private/hybrid clouds solutions, data analytic solutions, LIDAR based video surveillance solutions and everything in between. We are a team with a passion for helping our customers in need. The Global Support Center Senior Manager will lead a group of highly skilled professionals (Levels 1, 2, and 3) in supporting Hitachi Vantara's Data Intelligence, Network Attached Storage, Enterprise Storage, Data Networks, Converged Solutions, Compute, and/or other similar technologies.Responsibilities:
What You Bring To The Team
- Lead the L2 Technical Support Team, supporting Hitachi Vantara's customers on Hitachi Core Hardware, Solutions, NAS, Content, and or other similar technologies.
- Tactically address critical customer escalations as needed across Global Support operations PODS - CORE, Solutions, FCDI
- Responsible for managing global, centralized, and remote support team covering all Hitachi Vantara supported products and services, hardware, software, and solutions support.
- Maintain the highest standard demanded by our global customers and ensuring "best practices" are always adhered to by all members of the team, ensuring the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Engage with the entire global support management team to further develop, deploy, and maintain policies and procedures.
- Address any global customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner, and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Collaborate with Customer Services and Support to ensure service and support goals are met within day to day / week to week case and incident handling.
- Collaborate with all Global Support teams (EMEA, APAC and the America's), and external OEM Global Support Team to deliver seamless world class support to our Hitachi Vantara partners and customers.
- Ensure clear, concise, and timely communications are always maintained by the team.
- Ensure agreed levels of service are always maintained.
- Ensure Global Support Knowledge Base contribution KPIs are met.
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports to ensure expectations remain in line with goals of the global team.
- Drive individual and team performance coaching, mentoring, recognition, and reward.
- Develop and communicate a vision for Global Support that sets a positive tone and clarifies both staff objectives and how those objectives can be achieved. Lead by example and follow through on commitments.
- Meet as needed with other members of the GSC management team to resolve issues, identify opportunities for improvement, resolve joint budgeting/staffing issues and identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Collaborate with the GSC management team for continuous improvement, identifying and addressing inefficiencies, aligning at every opportunity to develop further efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service and Support management teams for continuous improvement, identifying and addressing inefficiencies, aligning at every opportunity to develop further efficiencies.
- Utilize metric reporting to identify and address performance issues, highlight high performance for reward and recognition and drive efficiencies.
- Participate on a weekend rotational basis; may be required to cover responsibilities for other GSC management members on vacation, training, etc.
- 10+ years of service and support related experience. (Global or International experience preferred)
- Proven ability to manage 10+ direct reports with advanced skills and tenure.
- Proven ability to work with legal and HR departments.
- Must have broad functional experience in the areas of program development, planning, finance, and operations.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated "big picture" experience required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Have worked with enterprise customers, large global brands
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience or a combination of experience, education, and superior performance.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge