Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
We are looking to recruit a German-speaking Mainframe Systems Engineer to join our team in Germany. What you'll be doing
The Mainframe Systems Engineer role involves interacting with customers within Hitachi Vantara's Global Delivery division. You will be responsible to deliver Hitachi solutions to enterprises that range size from small to very large. Other duties include supporting both customers and internal stakeholders in Sales, Pre-Sales, Professional Services, Global Support, etc
What you bring to the team
- Consulting, planning and implementation of customized solutions to address customer requirements, utilizing Hitachi's and partner portfolio mainly In the mainframe (Z/Os) environment
- Take technical ownership of assigned projects, accounts or tasks (troubleshooting, customer workshops, etc.)
- Deliver professional services in the mainframe storage environment (e.g. migrations, performance studies, storage, Ficon SAN, 3DC concepts as a service duties)
- Show expertise to be able to participate within a Subject Matter Expert group worldwide
- Drive proactively new and incremental business by developing technical relationships (e.g. consult w/ Pre-Sales for RfPs and ensure success of customer PoCs)
- Deliver standard product and solution presentations or support presentations in mainframe environments
- Document client feature requests and issues
- Complex root cause analysis in context of stability issues for Mainframe Storage
- Planning, Coordination and Installation of complex system software upgrades (Microcode etc.) following customer processes and procedures
- Take technical ownership of assigned incidents, problems, changes or other tasks (troubleshooting, customer workshops, etc.)
- You have 3+ year of experience as a Systems Engineer in the mainframe Storage environment
- You have wide experience in mainframe environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Operating Systems)
- You have advanced fluent written and spoken German skills.
You have high intermediate (B2 or better) written and spoken English skills.
- You have an innovative nature and are actively looking for solutions to cover challenges
- You possess good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- You can work independently and are self-motivated
- Having knowledge of Hitachi products and services is a plus
- Having knowledge in open systems storage environments and or Backup solutions is a plus
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:Wa
- Harmony, Trust, RespectMakoto
- Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, IntegrityKaitakusha-Seishin
- Pioneering Spirit, Challenge