Job Description Job Title
Management Consultant with Process Engineering backgroundReporting To
Digital Solutions Industry Partner Asia PacificDirect Reports
N/A Job Purpose
The role of the Management Consultant will be to support the development and delivery of Customer Solutions for the Digital Solutions - Industry Solutions Group in Australia. The objective of the Management Consultant is to create business growth for Hitachi Vantara. This is achieved by developing a deep understanding of customers business drivers and challenges and identifying where Hitachi Vantara solutions could solve this problems leading to a solution sale and succesful implementation. The Management Consultant must understand Hitachi Vantara's portfolio of products, services and solutions to uniquely solve a customer's needs and be able to utilise business process modeling skills to create functional prototypes of the solutions. The Management Consultant will work closely with the solutions and development teams to configure and customise the solutions where required and support the delivery of the solutions. Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with Hitachi Vantara Digital Solutions team in engaging with customers to understand their business drivers and challenges.
- Work with the customer's team to understand the business processes in detail and capture these processes on a business process modelling solution, collaborating with the customer in feedback sessions to ensure that the captured business processes are accurate.
- Converts business requirements to Jira stories for the development teams to solution
- Proactively engages with the development teams to ensure the successful development of a solution, participating in weekly standups and solution testing.
- Supports project delivery as required
- May be required to support project delivery in various industrial settings including the installation and testing of IoT sensor and connectivity systems as well as sensor calibration ( manufacturing, mining, agriculture, supply chain).
- Provide project management support including maintenance of project plans and project minutes and project reports
- Supports the broader Hitachi Vantara and Hitachi team where required, including providing relevant information for customer success stories and supporting channel and marketing intiatives and events as required.
- Completes projects tasks timeously as requested by the Project Manager
- Diligently attends project meetings providing required inputs
- Supplies project reports timeously
- Provides a high level of accuracy in process mapping
- Completes required and assigned training and development objectives within the assigned time frames
- Graduate degree in process engineering, operations management or business process engineering.
- 2 to 3 years industrial experience in manufacturing, mining, agr-food or supply chain
- Skilled in business process mapping with collaborative business process tools.
- Good knowledge of best practice business reference models
- Interest in process simulation and development of digital twins
- Practical experience in conducting business process workshops
- Capability in converting business process requirements into Jira stories for software development
- Ability to provide hands on support to sensor installation and solution support for customer delivery.
- Operates with the highest integrity and effectively role models and upholds our Company Values, the Hitachi Spirit.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge