Controls Design Engineer, Process - Nashville, TN
Job ID: JRA20511
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
- Ability to interface with internal and external vendors, as well as customers.
- Conduct the electrical and fluid power design.
- Ensure that equipment is designed to customer and/or JR Automation specifications using standard techniques and approach.
- Create electrical and fluid power schematics.
- Specify electrical and fluid power components for bill of materials.
- Carry out assigned tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Assist with the successful execution of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing, and customer satisfaction.
- Understand and assure compliance with applicable industry standards.
- Communicate with mechanical designers, machine builders, electricians, plumbers, and controls engineers throughout the design process.
- Attend machine/station design reviews
- Up to 10% travel yearly for job training and customer site visits.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means all-inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask wearing and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 5 years’ experience in the automation industry.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of:
- Applicable industry standards
- Electrical and fluid power circuits
- Basic electrical & pneumatic calculations
- Proficient use of CAD software (AutoCAD Electrical) and Microsoft OfficeSuite.