As a Controls Focused Applications Engineer, you will work alongside a team of automation experts. Together you will develop an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and Electrical/mechanical descriptions to ultimately create custom, innovative, and integrated solutions for our customers. This is a role for a creative engineer that likes customer interaction and solving problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate conceptual solutions for problems that have no previous or standard solution.
- Interact with customers throughout requirements definition, concept generation, cost development, and presentation of the proposal.
- Provide leadership and assist with the development of other Applications Engineers.
- Coordinate and execute large multi-business unit quotes.
- Develop a comprehensive quote package that incorporates necessary documentation for internal and external audiences such as Risk Assessments, Flow Charts, Cycle Time Charts, etc.
- Ensure quotes include a clearly defined scope, which includes specifying machine buy-off requirements, identifying customer part requirements at project level, and ensuring that the customer specification has been reviewed and appropriate assumptions and exceptions are made.
- Manage core customers, make presentations, and maintain positive & professional relationships.
- Support Account Managers by ensuring pain points and competitive advantages are leveraged into the proposals.
- Develop internal win strategy and execution, understanding customer pain points, and facilitating quote development towards a winning quote package.
- Facilitate concept brainstorming, leading docket review meeting and present to the executive team for review.
- Support functional team members associated with a project by facilitating project authorization meetings for awarded work and consulting with the Project Manager for scope variation.
- Maintain Applications Engineering related fields in company CRM (Salesforce).
- Schedule and facilitate Project Authorization Meetings for PEP (Project Execution Process).
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business/engineering field or related industry experience.
- Electro-Mechanical background.
- Ability to conceptualize electrical and fluid power control systems for various automated equipment.
- Proficiency in specifying electrical and fluid power components for schematic and BOM generation.
- Understanding of applicable industry standards to assure project compliance.
- Three+ years of industry experience leading successful projects.
- Proficient in all Applications Engineering processes and tools.
- Experience in quoting, sales, and/or customer interaction.
- Strong communication/presentation (verbal and written) skills.
- Team player with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20%
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a passion for technology.
Come think, solve, & create with us!