We are looking for a Fabricator to join our night shift team in Holland, MI. Your usual schedule will be Sunday - Thursday, starting between 5:00PM and 7:00 (Your Choice). You will work to support our operation and help Skilled Trades, Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions.
Apprenticeship Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement & On the Job Training Available
What you’ll do:
- Prepares, welds and fabricates ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Has a vast knowledge in use of fabricating tools such as mig & tig welders, torches, plasma cutter, grinders, clamps, and other tools to perform duties.
- Organizes and maintains work area to 5S standards
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Able to identify different types of steel
- Ability to solve or communicate discrepancies
- Strong understanding of customer requirements
- Follows JR manufacturing standards
- Work as an individual, or within a team to accomplish a task or goal
- Operate equipment in a safe manner
- Abide by safety policies and best practices
- Report unsafe work acts
- Inspect all lifting devices before use
- Cleans and organizes area at the end of shift
- Supports and assists lead
- Assists in other areas when needed
- Provide support to BU’s when requested
- Work to and follow AWS Standards, along with WPS qualifications
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What you'll bring:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- 1-year prior industrial experience is preferred, 2 years vocational school is preferred
- Ability to Pass and operate within AWS D 1.1 Qualifications
- Must pass annual Chromium (VI) medical certification
- Participate in annual Chromium (VI) protection training program
- $4/hour night shift premium.
- Overtime available.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling lifting, and loading machines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (ForkLift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided). Most tools and set up equipment are provided by the shop. Tool bill accounts are provided.
- Apprentice program available to become journeyman if desired.
- Fast-paced, high volume, low qty runs.
- Problem Solver
- Customer Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Oriented