Lead Machine Builder - Nashville, TN
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: JRA21023
Date Posted: Apr 11, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
What You’ll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline
- Interface with Project Managers regarding project requirements, schedules, runoff and trips.
- Interface with Customers on the job requirements and assisting with runoff.
- Schedule resources considering the overall workload and tasks that must be accomplished.
- Release prints according to timeline schedule – sequencing purchased and fabricated parts to arrive when needed.
- Work cross functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff.
- Drive best practice and cost savings opportunities with the build team.
- Ensure schedule and hours budget are inline and monitor status.
- Coordinate with other leads to balance resource capacity scheduling throughout the BU.
- Participate with engineering on concepting, design, and print reviews to ensure print release and build goes smoothly.
- Focus on task management of the team, working with and mentoring them. Give clear direction of what needs to be done for the day.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews as well as providing day to day performance feedback.
- Maintain budgets and WIP expectations.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews.
- Involved with quoting to ensure accurate time expenses are calculated.
- May travel to customer site for involvement with quoting, installation, and repair.
- Serve as top technical expert in their discipline.
- Work with shipping/receiving or PM to arrange trucks to transport machines.
- Order materials to skid jobs for shipment.
- Coordinate tear down and installation. This begins in the design phase to help the engineer break up the job into sections sized to ship. Determine sequence of tear down, sequence and timing of trucks, figure out tools and resources to do install.
- Lead installation of equipment at customer site which may include coordinating equipment and resources at site.
What You’ll Bring:
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Highly proficient in reading part and assembly drawings.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to train and mentor.
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask-wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.