Our Controls Engineering team is dedicated to executing large scale projects for our customers with an organized and efficient approach. We are responsible for integrating tools and technologies from multiple suppliers into one turn-key solution for our customers. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for General Assembly tooling and processes.JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else, come be a part of our growing team!.
What You’ll Do:
- Use knowledge of electrical circuits, Controls Hardware design, electrical panel design, pneumatic design, hydraulic design, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller), HMIs (Human Machine Interface), robot programming, VFDs (Variable Frequency Drive), servo applications, and device communication networks (DNET, ENET, and Profibus) to oversee the design and development of automation products;
- Monitor and lead the development and design the controls software packages utilizing PLCs with Allen Bradley and RS Logix5000, and/or HMI's and conduct design tests;
- Analyze customer-supplied specifications to insure functionality and equipment is designed specifications;
- Complete automation product testing and ensure commissioned equipment start- up meets customer requirements and specifications;
- Research electrical and pneumatic schematics to develop industrial controls system knowledge and familiarity of working within industrial environments;
- Utilize industrial safety practices to ensure proper functionality of products;
- Complete industry analysis to ensure that Esys products and services continue to be the benchmark for the industry;
- Utilize engineering knowledge to effectively communicate with customers and suppliers;
- Assess client needs and implement engineering tasks and projects as a solution to the client's needs.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience designing software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI);
- 3+ years of experience with General Motors controls specifications and standards (GCCH, GCCS). GCCH and GCCS Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of Fanuc robots programming and interface.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience with Eplan and GM GCCH;
- Experience with basic pneumatic circuit design
- Experience with Allen-Bradley RSLogix 5000 software and GM GCCS
- Experience with machine vision applications (Cognex, Keyance, etc.), machine commissioning, and troubleshooting skills;
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Must list education (OR related experience if education is not required)
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 35% of time
Esys Automation is a leading full-service automation solutions provider to the automotive industry with locations in Auburn Hills & Sterling Heights, Michigan. For the last six years, Esys has been recognized as one of the Top Work Places according to the Detroit Free Press. Our teams enjoy a level of autonomy and responsibility that promotes innovative thinking and sense of ownership. Established in 1999, Esys was acquired by JR Automation in 2018.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!