As a Inventory Control Specialist, you will perform essential tasks in the warehouse while providing leadership and guidance to other inventory control team members. Your passion for continuous improvement, accurate documentation, teamwork, and communication will be utilized in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee inventory tasks and operations on the shop floor and reporting daily to management.
- Improve and build on current material flow processes. Develop systemically driven procedures to strengthen documentation and traceability of material flow from purchase to final use consumption.
- Assist in the creation and further development of a robust movement and transfer process of RAW, WIP, and Finished Goods between multiple sites. Ensure both traceability, accuracy and delivery timing meeting manufacturing and operational timing needs.
- Identify and communicate corrective actions and labor requirements within the value stream to optimize labor utilization and best practices in resource utilization.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback & coaching to ensure employees meet company expectations, policies and procedures throughout the year. Evaluate performance during the performance review process.
- Develop (with inventory team members) agreed upon standard work requirements (daily, weekly).
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability.
- Perform Receiving functions and process receiving transactions in business information systems.
- Validate all incoming shipments to ensure the Supplier’s paperwork matches the physical items received, as well as JR’s purchase order. Review and analyze discrepancies in the NCR process and work with the management team on root cause analysis; assist in problem-solving process to implement corrective actions.
- Develop standard auditing process to verify hand-off of materials from the Logistics team to Operations in accordance with the current kitting and line processes.
- Lead audits to ensure all departments adhere to all client shipping guidelines and standards including routing and packaging instructions while overseeing warehouse operations.
- Assist in standardizing job specific loading methods., maximizing trailer cube utilization, reducing shrink due to damage & loss in the movement of materials from source to end.
- Provide recommendations to management on effective space utilization and an efficient layout to optimize storage.
- Coordinates with other functional areas and logistics team members on the movement of material between facilities, storage and outsource manufacturing partners.
- Lead engagements with build team and engineers in Quality Control to review on all incoming
- Demonstrate strong working relationships with internal and external customers, including coworkers, management, carriers, supply chain and vendors.
- Represent a critical on-site presence to internal customers and maintains professionalism in all interactions.
- Work with Build Team to develop and organize material and material storage areas throughout the building in support of the line side stocking program.
- Review equipment needs for supporting the work cell POU and kitting functions by recommending placement, and procurement of additional resources.
- Audit and gives feedback on all receiving, warehousing and distribution functions.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in a business environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in Logistics, Material Management or Warehouse Operations experience preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Knowledge of warehouse best practices and processes to reduce waste in the materials value stream.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience operating a PRS and/or WMS systems preferred
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to travel between multiple sites facilitating and directing material movements.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Forklift) and Overhead Crane license while employed at JR.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!