Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Supervise the execution of Payroll of 3000+ Head Count in co-ordination with HR, consultant, banker and top finance leader
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Project management - support the changes as per internal Global projects or align with government policies like:
o India Wage Code, 2019 adoption and implementation effective 1st April 2021.
o Benefits Harmonization: Discussion, Finalization and Implementation
o Workday implementation
o Ceridian onboarding
o Frequent movement and rebadging
o Cost centre streamlining activities
o Apply the tax changes in payroll processing
- Review and validate and provide Bonus, Commission, Sign-on bonus, ELTI, VIP to payroll vendor
- Review, approve and upload monthly salary disbursement file on bank portal and ensure salary credits.
- Provide journal accounting entries for monthly/quarterly payroll, leave accrual, sales bonus, sales commission, VIP, ELTI and gratuity accrual.
- Ensure cost centre changes are appropriate, if not work with Finance BU owners and HR team to get those corrected and ensure that accounting/reclasses are performed in those centre.
- Ensure timely deposit of Professional tax and Provident fund within due dates.
- Ensure that payroll master data is recorded correctly.
- Manage Employees related compliances like Provident Fund Act, Professional Tax Act, Labor Act, Payment of Gratuity Act, Workmen's Compensation Act, Compliance to SEZ requirement on reporting etc.
- Responsible to review monthly P&L to ensure that accounting transactions are accurately recorded and red flag the issues, if any.
- Supporting internal and statutory audit on payroll related area.
- Close co-ordination with SSC team on payroll accounting, reclasses
- Actively supporting the management in compliance with respect to definition of SOP, processes & implementation around payroll and its accounting
- Review the control framework as per Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and advice the process improvements to mitigate risks.
- Continuous process improvement to drive effective control and efficiencies
- 10+ years of experience in managing end to end payroll for India
- Experience in process improvement
- Graduate/Post graduate any stream
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.