Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Project Coordinators Team, as a part of Global Delivery organization has been established in March 2019. The Team's main responsibility is to ensure all Professional Services (PS) projects are appropriately managed and delivered to Hitachi Vantara's Customers within previously agreed scope, time and budget.What you'll be doing
• Global Delivery Project documentation administration activities
• Project data administration in the Kimble system with regard to Engagement and Project data administration, Resource assignments and Consultant cost rate administration
• Project coordination in all matters relating to the production, editing and completion of documents
• Communication and collaboration with the other Global Delivery project team members for the purpose of knowledge transfer or to clarify any specific document content, as and when required
• Take responsibility for project governance, proactively ensuring the latest versions of documents are available to the relevant Global Delivery team members
• Stakeholder management - collaborating across the business
• Coordinating Delivery Services for Hitachi Vantara customers, as defined in a Statement of Work, providing a point of contact for all Customer enquiries and escalations
• Work collaboratively with the associated Technical Consultants to review and validate the intended approach to the project tasks
• Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons-learned, making strong judgements based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
• Work with the Regional Resourcing Manager to develop skills and pro-actively seek out training courses to further your knowledge, demonstrating strong commitment to personal learning and development
• Identify opportunities to gain additional skills through working with other members of the Delivery Service Office, building mutual support and understanding with ColleaguesWhat you bring to the team
• Experience of project co-ordination within a technology or service delivery environment
• Mandatory: business level written and spoken English
• Mandatory: French (at least B1)
• Degree or equivalent education
• Relationship-building skills and customer orientation
• Proactive Delivery: Demonstrate accountability by keeping performance on track. Must be a problem solver who is able to work independently; organized and strong attention to detail.
• High quality decision making: Making strong judgements based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom lineOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge