At Hitachi Vantara's Digital Insights practice, we help our clients by building technology solutions that addresses business challenges and improve business outcomes with data-driven insights. As we continue expand our big data team, we are looking for data engineers who are passionate about technology and want to build a career working on the latest technology platforms.
As a part of this team, you will:
- Work with our clients to gather requirements and develop scalable data solutions
- Use cloud services to integrate different data sources and develop data lakes
- Provide recommendations to optimize data pipelines and data warehouse queries
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS related area, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work well in a team environment, meet deadlines, demonstrate good time management, and multi-task in a fast-paced project environment
- Experience developing data pipelines (EMR/Glue) in AWS cloud
- 3+ years of experience with Apache Spark (Python or Scala)
- Familiarity with basic Linux commands and writing Shell scripts
- 1+ years of experience working on Snowflake and proficient with SQL".
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling
- Willingness and ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing stream processing jobs and familiarity with Kafka
- NoSQL databases - MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, HBase, Neo4j, etc.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge