* Multiple Positions Available
As a Field Service Engineer, you will travel to customer sites to repair various automation solutions including material handling systems, assembly lines, robotic welding & more. Positions are available in various locations including Liberty, South Carolina & Ogden, Utah.
JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a the service team you’ll work alongside a cross-functional team to repair, retrofit, design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Travel to a customer site on a moment’s notice and remain on-site for the duration of time required to perform the troubleshooting and repair functions. This may include long hours, nights, weekends and holiday work.
- Ability to discuss, diagnose & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer.
- Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of robot controllers, electrical control devices, mechanical units, transfer devices and peripheral equipment.
- Complete a Field Service Report for each customer service call.
- Maintain a service tool kit and documentation to facilitate rapid customer response.
- Communicate frequently with involved, employees and customer employees to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Return of parts used for the service call but not purchased by the customer or defective parts replaced under warranty.
- Provide telephone-based troubleshooting support to customers to resolve robot or related peripheral equipment operational problems on as needed basis.
- Robot and system programming and path editing of robot and related peripheral equipment to restore, maintain or optimize system performance.
- Share responsibility of maintaining availability for the team’s 24/7 service call line.
- Active participation in training courses and on-the-job training as discussed with Manager.
- Conduct the electrical/hydraulic pneumatic debug, peripheral device programming, machine PLC programming, coordinate the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control's data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems
- Install and repair industrial electronic equipment including I/O networks, data highways, variable speed drives, process control equipment, for a wide variety of automated control systems ranging from simple on-off control to robotics.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred.
- Formal technical training in automated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting on robotic cells and PLC/HMI reprogramming Master certification preferred.
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting automated/robotic cells.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Ability to train and mentor.
- Intermediate or expert proficiency in:
- Schematic interpretation
- PLC and HMI programming
- Industrial PC programming
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Travel at least 50% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Ability to complete Lock Out Tag Out training while employed at JR.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!