* Multiple Positions Available
Our Controls Engineering team is dedicated to keeping our customers out in front of the rapid and unpredictable updates in technology. JR Automation drives change by learning and innovating faster than anyone else. As a member of a project team you’ll work alongside our Applications, Mechanical, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Develops and designs the controls software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Develops operation manuals that detail the functionality and set-up of the equipment being designed
- Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification
- Programs robotic and/or controls equipment per the customer specifications
- Performs preventative maintenance as requested by the customer to ensure minimum down-time and optimum operation of machines and equipment
- Assists with checking design and details for proper functionality of both his/her work and the work of other engineers
- Provides timely, required service documentation relating to all functions performed
- Provides technical support and training to the end-user at the customer facility
- Ensures that products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience designing software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- 3+ years programming any of the following types of robots: ABB, Fanuc, Kuka.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Intermediate understanding of electrical circuits, electrical panel design, pneumatic design, hydraulic design, PLC's (Programmable Logic Controller), HMI's (Human Machine Interface), robot programming, VFD's (Variable Frequency Drive), servo application's, and device communication networks (DNET, ENET, and Profibus)
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, as well as Google Applications (such as Gmail, Calendar and Docs)
- Ability to work onsite within the offices or at customer locations as required
- Ability to meet deadlines without endangering the safety of himself/herself or others, or the integrity of the equipment
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 35% of time
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!