Meet our Team
HV is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Transformation Office team. The Senior Enterprise Architect will proactively and holistically guide the Hitachi Vantara through transformation, system and business process simplification and optimization initiatives. This role will collaborate with business stakeholders, the IT team and appropriate vendors to design, architect and implement scalable cost-efficient IT solutions. This hands-on role will require strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of XaaS models and technologies. The scope of activities includes helping the organization grow revenue, optimizing costs and mitigating risks. He or she focuses on understanding and applying existing, new and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models. The Senior Enterprise Architect's focus is to help the organization plan, design, innovate, orchestrate, facilitate, navigate and operationalize the digital enterprise.
Hitachi Vantara's transformation objectives span across business process simplification, system consolidation and establishing anything-as-a-service as go to market foundation. To be successful in this role, the Senior Enterprise Architect will have in-depth knowledge across the entire lead-to-cash business domain and technology depth with ERP, CRM, CPQ and Professional Services Automation platforms.
This position can be located anywhere in the US and will be remote. There will be 50% travel, primarily domestic but may have some international if needed.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Architect and design technology solutions that will meet business requirements while integrating with the overall technology landscape.
- Assess - monitor the capability maturity of the XaaS technology portfolio, plan, build and expand technology capabilities to align with strategic business needs of the organization.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Establish and champion enterprise architecture - spanning both systems and associated business processes.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leadership on current trends, best-in-class architectures, processes, and technologies.
- Responsible for the development and presentation of the overall vision that underlies the proposed enterprise architecture and then, along with solution architects, assists in transforming that vision through execution into the solution.
- Define the end-to-end processes; process - system capability requirements; and enterprise architecture, ensuring that they align with the business roadmap and corporate strategy.
- Ensure existing enterprise applications are fully leveraged and work with business analysts to track and assess the long-term efficacy of architectural decisions and related technology projects.
- Define the process for data governance and management for key enterprise data objects - Customers, Products, Assets, Employees, etc.
- Maintain a future view of technology trends, aligning and evolving the technology roadmap accordingly; Evaluate systems (applications and infrastructure) and recommend operational and/or technical efficiencies, cost savings and alignment with business and technology goals.
- Work closely with process owners to define, benchmark, implement, and track business value and operational KPIs to drive future growth and improvements.
- Lead the definition of the business transformation roadmap, incorporating cost-benefit analysis, prioritization and interdependencies.
- Determine the architectural implications of new business requirements, identify dependencies, and recommend optimal solutions to scale and mitigate risk.
- Lead critical, cross-functional initiatives for the enterprise, including end-to-end process evaluations and redesigns, operational improvements and play a key role in technology implementations.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum), in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- Broad work experience across various technologies and platforms - in depth experience in XaaS technology capabilities
- 15+ years of overall Information Technology experience, with 8+ years as an Enterprise Architect including in-depth knowledge of system architecture, process and data flow documentation and standards
- Familiarity with architecture principles and frameworks like TOGAF
- Demonstrable expertise in various business domains and processes Lead-to-Cash, Hire to Retire, Record to Report, Source-to-Pay, etc.
- Hands-on experience in a variety of enterprise applications - ERP, CRM, EDW, with a focus on SaaS applications
- Experience within publicly traded high-growth PaaS/SaaS companies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Excellent influencing skills with an ability to build consensus, facilitate change, and communicate at all levels in the organization (executive, function, technical)
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team environment with business unit representatives from Sales, Professional Services, Finance, Information Technology, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Marketing
- Strong experience and background with integration architecture, including integration patterns in both cloud to cloud and cloud to on premise scenarios
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge