Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara serves clients globally and across industries, establishing business relationships and understanding customer challenges so that together we deliver profitable business and benefits to society through Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate across boundaries to ensure the success of our customers, partners, and teammates; and celebrate and share that success. In the Strategic Pricing Operations team, we pride ourselves on creating and capturing value by working in a collaborative environment, and we need passionate people like you to expand our success.What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a driven data analyst to join its Strategic Pricing Operations team as a Pricing Intelligence analyst. You will deliver win/loss analysis, pricing-related business insights, and analytical dashboards to enhance organizational understanding of price execution.
You will work with and learn from a broad set of internal customers including global pricing operations, sales, marketing, product management, finance, and partner operations, as well as key business owners and stakeholders spanning most levels and functions of the organization.
Successful candidates will have a talent for gathering and presenting large amounts of data in well-formulated, easily consumable, and actionable summary formats, and for automating the delivery of standard analyses to broad audiences.
If you are a detail-oriented person, team player and enjoy working in a data-driven environment, this opportunity is for you.
What you bring to the team
- You will be responsible for data gathering and verification, reporting and visualization of buyer's reasons for decision-making, and analyzing those decision drivers to understand business performance and key trends.
- Delivery of Win-Loss reporting, competitive analysis, and sharp insights that enable functional leaders to quickly understand and effectively make decisions to manage continuous improvement and execution across the enterprise
- Organize deal-level competitive data and combine it with tacit knowledge to deliver consumable competitive intelligence insights at scale
- Compile a variety of business details, including critical factors driving deal outcomes, narratives and negotiation tactics that support and complement systematic data capture.
- Monitor program health, to include measurements of utilization, scale and volume to create relevant and strategic insights
- Applying statistical analysis to drive strategic and tactical decision-making
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytical and visualization tools
- Take a project goal, build analysis and narrative, and illustrate with clean visuals and crisp story lines
- Ability to collaborate and execute cross functionally.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, or Quantitative Marketing preferred, or equivalent professional experience in a quantitative discipline performing statistical analysis and analytics delivery
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 4 years' of proven analytical abilities, previous experience in win/loss review programs and very strong visualization tools skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with individuals from varying backgrounds and diverse skill sets
- High energy, creative, and self-starting; comfortable with ambiguity and possessing the ability to complete multiple projects on time
- Expert knowledge of data modeling, data visualizations tools and Excel
- Experience with management reporting
- Working knowledge of ERP, CRM and CPQ systems, plus data warehouses and data extraction
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge