Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Control System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco (TO), Italy .
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 14,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Assure the design and implementation of the SCADA System in order to achieve the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost imposed by the different contracts either for the Tender and Projects.
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
- Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Design and commissioning of the SCADA, PLC and HMI technologies in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for an assigned Tender and Backlog Project.
- As minimum 2-5 years of experience with programming and configuring SCADA software packages, PLC platforms.
- Knowledge with programming and configuring Microsoft Operating Systems, OPC , SQL, and OLE clients and servers
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP, Profibus, Profinet, TCP Modbus, Modbus RTU/ETH.
- Design and integrate wired and wireless Ethernet and Serial data networks
- Design panel layouts and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of standards and norms related to Safety Integrity Level (hw and sw).
- Perform I/O loop testing, and wire tracing and identification
- Perform site surveys and analysis
- Troubleshoot, analyze service of SCADA, PLC.
- Basic knowledge of problems and solutions related to wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths, connections to Civil Works.
- Preferred Principles of electronic and electrical engineering (including grounding systems)
- Basic Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
- Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.
Education & Experience
- Master Degree, in descending order, Electronic, Electrical Engineering or Computer/Information Science
- 5 years of SCADA System Engineering expertise as minimum.
- Railway experience is preferred but also experiences in other sectors can be considered (e.g. Oil&Gas, power energy companies, etc.).
English: upper intermediate level required
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/