Job ID: R0005378
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Validation Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Development and/or execution of System V&V plans, System validation test plans per internal IMS, CENELEC, AREMA, or IEEE Standards
• Development and/or validation review of test procedures from signaling system integration requirements
• Validation review of test procedures from non-signaling subsystem & system integration requirements
• Time Management of validation testers, executing signaling system integration testing.
• Definition of the requirements and expected features for the testing environments/tools, needed to execute the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities at project level
• Coordination with the project team, to guarantee that the System Validation, Testing & Laboratory Integration activities are executed in the most effective and efficient manner: on quality, on time and on budget.
• Validation review of testing results for non-signaling subsystem and system integration testing in the lab and/or in the field
• Validation review of testing results for signaling system integration testing in the field
• The assurance of accurate and complete tracking of validation testing defects, using standard database tools
• Support the RAMS team by completing the validation portions of Hazard Log, Design Conformance Checklists, and Construction Conformance Checklists.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 5-10 years of System Validation or Testing & Laboratory Integration Experience
• Background in Electrical Engineering; able to read and understand schematics, books of plans, and other mechanical drawings
• Background in SW development and testing, particularly in IEE1483 and EN 50128 standards
• Background in standard signaling disciplines and concepts (Interlocking Operation, ATP Operation, ATS Operation)
• Capability to integrate and maintain, in laboratory, different equipment and sub systems (sub system integration and system integration), in order to build the required testing environment. Knowledge about the Test Processes. Ability to define and execute the test procedures to validate the system requirements and interfaces. Experience and knowledge in the operational rules of a rail and metro network.
• Capability to ensure the definition of the correct strategy in terms of compliance of specifications to requirements (Verification), and in terms of test planning and methodologies (Validation). Capability to ensure the coverage of all the functional and safety critical aspects, in terms of management of requirements, tests definition, execution and analysis at application level.
• Excellent communication skills [spoken and written]
• Proficient knowledge in DOORS, Microsoft Office Products; limited knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW
• Knowledge of computer virtualization
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Limited working knowledge of safety analysis and RAM analysis
Education / Qualifications
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.