Reporting to the VP Global Strategic Business Development - Growth, this high visibility role identifies and develops inorganic revenue opportunities to allow the Infrastructure business to achieve and exceed in year revenue goals while building a foundational platform for future growth and revenue predictability across the next three years. We are seeking a highly passionate, results-oriented analytical individual with deep intellectual curiosity, structured thinking and strong communication and stakeholder management skills to take the lead in developing and owning these initiatives.
Having demonstrated the ability to influence a diversity of personalities will be key as this role will be required to work within a highly dynamic changing sales environment and will engage across other functional groups such as Products, Services and Partners/Alliances to determine most suitable growth strategies. As such, the individual proactively analyses industry and market opportunities and disruptors, evaluates competitive positions and integrates these insights into clear concise recommendations for the Executive Committee/Board.Responsibilities
• Business and market analysis, including TAM/SAM evaluation to identify target markets/segments over 2-5 years and drive business case development
• Define strategic business growth areas, market entry requirements and business model fit
• Determine suitable OEM models and market partnerships for customer and targeted market access to expand infrastructure business
• Collaborate closely partnership with Products, Business Operations and Corporate strategy on future planning to drive longer term market share and revenue growth
• Work closely with the Sales leadership to frame up key issues and opportunities in the field; design, direct and conduct supporting analysis; gather the data needed to develop recommendations; drive consensus and manage the process end-to-end.
• Track and communicate status on strategic initiatives to various levels within the organization.Qualifications/Experience
• 10+ years of total work experience in consulting, enterprise technology, sales/strategy, or a similar role
• Customer focused and familiar with complex sales environments - understanding of GTM strategy, corporate strategy and planning in a large enterprise
• A demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, perform quantitative analysis, and apply logical thinking to develop solutions
• Ability to execute quickly by communicating, managing and influencing stakeholders through to execution of recommendations
• Creativity and strategic thinking - and the agility necessary to master both the daily hands-on activities and the big picture strategy
• Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively to senior executives
• Degree in business management or related field. MBA preferredOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
* This role can be remote in any West or Central time zone in the US