Job ID: R0005444
Date Posted: Dec 7, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Provide designs at a level of competence of being in responsible charge of the design; stamp and seal documents; field technical questions; peer review of designs
• Create schematics drawings to be used in the development and design of the engineering installation bids and PTSs
• Develop plan layout, sections and erection drawings for the technical rooms
• Consult with several departments through completion of drafting to ensure expectations are met
• Review subcontractors design and drawings, making sure they meet the EI standards
• Establish and meet timelines and deadlines supporting the different project during the delivery phase
• Candidate must be able to proficiently use Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (other 3D software are considered)
• Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) ideal
• Candidate must have an associate engineer or technical degree. Higher degrees are considered a value
• Knowledge of Site Survey, site Measure, Construction methods
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred
• Willingness to travel to site if needed
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Possess an affinity for problem-solving and critical thinking
• Ability to work independently and to take initiative, but also the ability to work with a team
• Must have a high level of professionalism
• Aptitude to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans, and specifications
• Ability to stay organized and maintain project records
• Fluent in Spanish language
• Associate Engineer or Technical Degree
• Spanish – (would be considered an asset)
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.