Sr. Technical Manager
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Information Technology Group (ITG)
Function: Enterprise Cloud, Systems and Operations
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Sr. Technical Manager is responsible for the creation of technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of new initiatives for Infrastructure as well as cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on multi-cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and integration with other regions currently operating in a global hybrid environment (on-prem and cloud)
The Sr. Technical Manager will work closely work with the DevOps leads and applications leads to provide application architectural leadership and best practices recommendation and solutions. Additionally, this resource will also be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of On-prem and Cloud platforms with extensive experience in the DevOps space, AWS and Azure cloud platforms and technology systems, as well as experience designing and deploying web-based applications onto the cloud.
Infrastructure and Cloud Architecture and Design and Development
- Lead the cloud architecture initiatives and knowledge of implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Develop, implement and enhance technology framework.
- Experience in Linux, Unix, Windows, and implementation features
- Responsible as a Subject Matter expert for cloud end-to-end architecture in AWS and Azure platform and any future new cloud providers
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Adopt best practices and industry framework and methodologies.
- Develop a repository of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the application portfolio and services
- Leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options using balanced scorecard approach, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Work with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Proactively manage issues and risks and have a well-defined plan towards resolution/mitigation.
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to infrastructure architectures, deployment, and transition to operations
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue
- Deliver projects consistently, on time, and on budget
- Review all work produced by the development team. Oversee user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed
- Ensure code produced and deliverables meets company standards (Security, IT standards and compliance)
- Identify and align resources within the function to foster and improve innovation.
- Provide training opportunities and career development plans to develop staff and minimize skill gaps.
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of IT policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services.
- Assist with advisory on dashboards to get the 360-degree view of KPIs/Metrics to make fact-based decisions.
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Develop a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct product work reviews with team members
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Evidence of continuing education, such as certifications, a plus
- 16 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- In-depth knowledge and experience with AWS and Azure enterprise implementations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Proven Global Transformation expertise and strong business acumen skills
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of Systems and network architecture and application development methodologies
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis, and design, and/or client/server systems
- Experience working in a Research and/or DevOps environment preferred
- Experience defining/designing technical solutions to ensure business continuity (DR/Backup)
- Results oriented, innovative, proactive with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate technical solutions to management and other IT development partners
- Ability to facilitate workshops and solution review session
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.