HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Serve as the project’s cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
- Define Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
- Define System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Decompose System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
- Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
- Debug and analyze failures of complex electromechanical systems
- Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
- Support lab, factory, and field testing
- Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with company processes
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
- Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
- Requirements Management,
- Configuration Management,
- Interface Management,
- Deep competency in interactions between mechanical, electrical, and software components in complex electromechanical systems
- Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
- Simply communicating complex ideas to peers, other teams, management, and customers
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems, product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
- Knowledge of FRA regulations and railroad operating rules
- Familiar with Wayside Engineering products, technology, and project deliverables
- Familiar with communications systems (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, radio, cellular)
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with providing leadership on technical teams Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.