This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0005483
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
• Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
• Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders.
• Prioritization and monitoring of software problem report status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and software development activities
• Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals.
• Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
• Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer.
• Document and report project progress to stakeholders and clients.
• Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
• Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
• Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
• Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
• Delegate tasks to team members according to their individual skill sets, experience and abilities to ensure efficient completion of the project.
• Actively follow up requirement specification and integration compliance within the project and system disciplines.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as project engineer or lead systems/software engineer for large software control system applications
• Signaling / Transportation railway experience
• PTC knowledge with either design or implementation
• Prior experience with basic Project Management:
o Maintaining and controlling budget
o Schedule monitoring/development,
o Maintaining risk register,
o Resource and task management
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software development lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
• Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience with PTC implementation
• Familiar with ATS products, technology, and project deliverables
• Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
• Experience with overall systems architecture design
• Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
• Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role
• Bachelor’s Degree
• English- Proficient
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.