This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0005485
Date Posted: May 31, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Define Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
• Define System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
• Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
• Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Decompose System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
• Serve as the project’s cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
• Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
• Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
• Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
• Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
• Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
• Support lab, factory, and field testing
• Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
• Ensure compliance with company processes
• Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Minimum 10 years of experience as an Engineer within railway or related industries
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Lead Systems or Design Engineer
• Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management, and customers in a simplified manner
• Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Deep competency in interactions between mechanical, electrical, and software components in complex electromechanical systems
• Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems, product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prefer Expertise in any ONE or more of the following:
Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
EMI / EMC system integration and validation
Telecoms and Network designs
Automated control design and development systems
Conventional signaling control designs
CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
• Bachelor’s Degree
• English language proficiency required
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.