Job ID: R0005486
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Security and Control System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pearl City.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
• Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
• Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
• Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
• Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
• Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
• Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
• Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
• Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
• Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
• Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
• Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.