Job ID: R0005489
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): IT, Telecom & Internet
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Ensure the identification of the project Interfaces among the assigned subsystems and of external interfaces according to the project scope of work
• Actively and proactively support the system engineering activities by ensuring that project activities are executed in accordance with the design standards
• Contribute to the identification and management of the System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
• Support the performance of the System Engineering studies for the project (fleet sizing calculation, Operational Scenario issue) and the performance of System Integration tests (e.g. test procedure and report)
• Support and develop test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data as well as document and track defects.
• Perform and participate in integration test activities. Perform version control management of the product releases.
• Follow established department processes and document all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• 0 up to 3 years of Engineering design expertise
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver solutions to closure.
• Demonstrated ability to engage a cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical
• Bi-lingual - English & French or Spanish
• Bachelor’s Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.