Meet our Team
As an industry leader, Hitachi Vantara is at the center of Digital Transformation and the company has a unique ability to develop next-generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of innovation and adoption, across their market segments. Hitachi's opportunities are abundant, but capturing those opportunities requires the evolution of the company's market vision, strategy and positioning, to ensure all of Hitachi Vantara's business units can capitalize on customer demand.
This role is responsible for leading the organization tasked with defining, managing, and coordinating the delivery of complete solution/product offering programs across relevant Hitachi Vantara functional groups for both Hybrid Cloud Solutions and "as a service" based infrastructure offers.. They are the vital link between key cross functional stakeholder groups that include Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Geographic and Regional teams, multiple Hitachi, Ltd. divisions, Product Management, and other teams. This individual will work in close collaboration with business peers and with external stakeholders (Hitachi Group) to guide technology, products and messaging, to ensure they align to the vision of the company and market opportunities
This individual and organization will provide thought leadership, strategy, and direction for productization of Hitachi Vantara's XaaS offer portfolio. They will be responsible for leading and assuring all necessary components for program rollouts are complete from a GTM perspective. In addition, this individual provides leadership on the best ways to develop, test, validate and route XaaS based offerings to-market that add value, showcase Hitachi differentiators, and drive consumption of Hitachi hardware and software infrastructure offerings in targeted customer and market segments.
This role is also responsible for the successful management of Hitachi Vantara's product strategy, vision, portfolio, and roadmaps related to XaaS offerings and owns the management of each offering throughout its entire life cycle - from development of the initial requirements and prioritizations through GTM execution and end-of-life product decisions. This entails owning and contributing to designs, managing the requirement documents, guarding the architectural integrity, and managing critical trade-offs of each offering. As the custodian of the solution/product requirement documents, this organization leads a cross-functional team to achieve agreement about the concept, design, delivery, and support of the offering, and justifies the agreed approach to management. At all stages of the process, from conception through final shipment this role is responsible for the delivery of the full suite of product offerings needed to effectively enter strategic XaaS markets, fuel growth, and capture market share.
This individual is required to actively engage and solicit information, feedback and requirements from customers, Hitachi Vantara stakeholders, Partners and Strategic Alliances to validate the value and alignment of XaaS solutions/products for inclusion in the relevant business, development and GTM execution plans. What you'll be doing
• Develop and maintain the vision and strategy for the overall XaaS portfolio and each product offering
• Strategy and execution communication and alignment with Senior Executives for the Hybrid cloud and XaaS Solution set across Hitachi Vantara's infrastructure portfolio
• Strategic and business planning execution to successfully navigate the Hitachi Vantara governance and gating processes
• Leading organization responsible for delivery and maintenance of formal Product Requirement Documents that translate customer/market/business needs into clearly defined product feature/capability requests for Engineering
• Support the promotion of Hybrid Cloud and XaaS portfolio offerings with Marketing, and independently, via formal channels and mediums
• Requirements gathering and prioritization via formal market sensing function, customer/partner engagement, market trends, competitive analysis, and other trusted sources
• Close collaboration with Engineering to obtain agreement/alignment on formal release items, establish schedules, manage execution, mitigate risk and deliver on-time
• Development, delivery, communication, and maintenance of formal Roadmap for Hybrid Cloud Storage portfolio offerings
• Directly support Sales/Pre-Sales opportunities and initiatives with customers/partners
• Product life-cycle management of each offering comprising the Hybrid Cloud portfolio What you bring to the team
1. The ideal candidate has 15+ years in the IT segment, with at least 10 years of primary/senior product management experience
2. Proven success in managing solutions or a product-based portfolio, including Partner-based offerings - solution development and/or delivery experience is strongly desired
3. Must have a strong understanding of the technology focus areas that comprise the Storage and Hybrid Cloud and XaaS-based landscapes
4. Must have solid product management lifecycle skills and proven track record of managing formal product releases to market
5. Must have experience in Block storage services, SW-defined architectures, and Compute-based solutions - ideally experience with Hybrid/Multi-Cloud and Container ecosystem orchestration/automation frameworks
6. Business Planning and Financial Analysis capabilities, with ability to develop related business plans to justify an offering and/or strategic direction
7. Excellent presentation - and communication (speaking/writing) skills: Ability to translate and clearly formulate technical and market issues into strategic and execution plans
8. Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to lead and influence teams
9. Good project management skills with ability to manage critical path items
10. A four-year university degree or equivalent.
11. Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
13. Expertise and proven track record of successfully partnering with new/existing 3rd parties to incorporate, integrate and package product/technology offerings to meet the Hybrid Cloud market needs and achieve business goals/objectives
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge