Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared.
What you'll be doing
The Technical Resource Center Analyst role is a full-time position responsible for supporting enterprise surveillance video systems for major cities and municipalities. You will be part of a team responsible for troubleshooting, configuring, and installing camera network and data center components including IP cameras, wireless network infrastructure including mesh/backhaul radios, routers, switches, physical and virtualized servers, SAN storage, video management software, and client workstations. Candidates should be proficient with LAN/WAN networking, PtP/PtMP wireless mesh networks, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, SAN/NAS storage architecture, and various video management applications.
What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or Communications or 4 years experience
• High Level understanding of LAN/WAN/Wireless networks
• High Level understanding of VMWare and virtualized systems
• Ability to Install and troubleshooting data center technology to include servers and storage
• Experience in window server environments to include design installation and configurations
• High level understanding of Video Management Systems (hardware and software)
• Excellent electronic system installation and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrate superior analytical capability and current technical knowledge
• Ability to interpret and work from blueprints and technical documentation
• Knowledge of the principles of electricity and electronics
• Basic knowledge of generally accepted technical (electronic) theory
• Excellent Interpersonal and organizational skills
• Computer proficient
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to interact with others in a team environment
• Excellent analytic ability
• Open-minded / willing to learn - good attitude
• Ability to travel from time to time, if required
• Required to work on call and extra hours as needed
Nice To have:
• Prior ZenDesk experience
• Certifications in any VMS products
• Experience working in an international environment
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge