Job ID: R0005597
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ATS Commissioning Coordinator who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Coordinate and organize the preparation of schedule projections for ATS Commissioning activities per contract requirements, dependent subsystem deliverables, and project milestones
• Coordinate and oversee the preparation of ATS Commissioning Plan for projects
• Coordinate and interface with cross-functional teams (Field construction, Installation, Equipment setup, ATC Commissioning, S/W Development, RAMS, Project WPLs) to ensure successful on-time, on-budget, delivery of ATS Commissioning work package
• Responsive to changes in project scope, duration, and priorities
• Coordinate the field activities with ATS Commissioning engineer and Pittsburgh office
• Monitor compliance to process, practices, performance standards and specifications
• Oversee the day-to-day progress of commissioning activities across multiple metro projects
• Support Work Package Leader in the development and updating of Project Schedules for commissioning activities
• Provide inputs to WPL to manage the ATS commissioning budget for the project
• Provide bid and proposal data on potential projects
• Mentor, coach, and provide direction to team members
• Over 5 years’ work experience as a project engineer, system engineer, system integrator
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software development lifecycles, testing, and commissioning lifecycles
• Prior experience managing Medium/Large sized/complexity Construction, Engineering, or Railway projects
• Initiate and maintain liaison with cross-functional site teams like construction, installation, equipment setup, subsystem integrators, Electrical, Hardware etc.
• Experience determining workload forecasts for Commissioning activities
• Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools, PMP plus
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills; Ability to plan and manage projects at a Task level for team members
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Coordinate and communicate effectively with stakeholders across departments.
• Multitasking across concurrent projects with varying schedules
• Extensive experience managing to schedules and responding to shifting priorities across and within projects to maximize business impact
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience identifying opportunities for process improvements and implement changes
• Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, SCADA, Construction, etc.
• High School/GED required
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.