Job ID: R0005593
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Machinist who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Operate conventional and CNC machine shop equipment.
• Set-up jobs on conventional and CNC machine shop equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
• Inspect own work for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to requirements including HSE requirements, quality standards, and all work instructions.
• Support other departments as directed including performing assembly work and painting.
• Experienced using hand tools, portable power tools, basic metrology tools/instruments including calipers, micrometers, thread gages, etc. and material handling equipment including cranes and forklifts.
• 1-2 years minimum experience in industrial manufacturing environment or similar education in an industrial trade.
• Ability to work 10 hour shifts, primarily in standing position.
• Initial training will be on a first shift schedule, however the job will require working second shift with the basic schedule being 4pm – 2:30 am Monday – Thursday plus overtime as directed.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications – Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Proficiency welding of steel and aluminum.
• Experience with conventional or CNC machining centers.
Education / Qualifications
High School graduate
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.