Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Mechanical System Engineer, for the Operation Service & Maintenanceunit, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be the person responsible to assure the return of experience and the Services requirements in the OS&M Product Engineering. The position is based in Naples, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Responsible for the Mechanical Engineering activities coming from the Fleet Engineering, technical analysis and interface with the RS Engineering for complex solutions.
- Act as technical interface with the Supplier of our key systems for technical analysis and evaluation in case of revamping, trouble shooting or performances improvement
- Ensure the analysis of the FRACAS report issued by the Field Engineering, the identification of all eventual technical issues and of the related technical solutions, supporting the continuous improvement;
- Be responsible for the mechanical technical part of the CAS (inside the FRACAS) to develop solutions that allow the optimization of the reliability and more in general the trouble shooting.
- Support the Design for Maintenance unit to optimize the Maintenance and the Maintenance Plan, by analyzing and pre-assessing electrical technical solutions to be proposed to RS Engineering
- Support the Rolling Stock Engineering department to make the analysis of the Systems to generate the Modifications request on the Project
- Collaborate with all other relevant unit of OS&M Engineering and with RS Engineering for the management of complex technical problems to develop improvement solutions for the maintenance activities within the depots;
- Collaborate in the Obsolescence Management to issue an obsolescence management plan, analyzing eventual alternative electrical solutions to solve obsolescence issues;
- Assure all the necessary mechanical technical support at the competent Design Authority for all related to maintenance activities and revamping;
- Act as interface toward all the external Engineering Company verifying the final result and coordinating them, from the selection up to the final documentation delivery;
- Execute all the Mechanical Engineering activities for the Revamping and Upgrades (including Mid Life Upgrades)
- Minimum 6 years of railway vehicles Mechanical Engineering experience
- Knowledge about the FEM Analysis and CAD tool (Catia, Autocad, ecc…)
- Vehicle Dynamic Calculation
- Deep knowledge of system like Wheels, Wheelset, Bogie, Dumper, Carbody, Doors, HVAC
- Deep knowledge of joint bolt connection
- Welding Knowledge
- Cracks propagation and Fatigue knowledge
- Experience in Validation and Verification on wayside railways systems
- International experience and ability to manage internationals projects
- Knowledge of Maintenance task and its economical impact on the Total Cost of Ownership
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale International projects
- Willing to work in an international enviroment
- Excellent communication skills
- Person on which is easy to work with
- Project Engineering Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Experience in modern Lean and Agile Organization
- Previous experience in Rail Manufacturer Companies
- Proven experience in large scale of revamping of trains
- Welding Engineer Certified or Welding Engineering Knowledge
- Planning and organization
Mechanical Engineering Qualifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower! #LI-BG1
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts