Job ID: R0005650
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): IT, Telecom & Internet
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated DBA/ AUTOMATION PLATFORM ENGINEER who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the platform solutions lifecycle, according to company standard processes and guidelines.
• Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete platform solution (components, documentation, BOM and tools), including obsolescence management aim at suppliers independence
• Guarantee the reference-design and updating of platforms (both physical and virtualized) to be used as baseline solution in tender offers and new projects
• Guarantee the readiness in adoption of new technologies, or in evolution technologies already adopted, for HW infrastructures and platforms.
• Contribute to the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices related to the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Automation platforms
• Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan whenever applicable and/or to company guidelines and procedures
• Ensure a technical feedback on platform vendors and resellers during the selection process.
• Ensure technical interface and support for the execution of commissioning and O&M activities
• Ensure technical interface with vendors pre-sales technical offices for the relevant Platform.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
English- Native Language
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.