Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Traction Power Supply Technician to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
- Technical work involving close and continuing association with the installation, testing pre-operation system checkout and operating maintenance and management of the Electrical Power Distribution System.
- Employees in this class are responsible for performing and coordinating the electrical operating and maintenance plan of the system’s high voltage and power distribution systems under electrical traction operating and safety procedures.
- Incumbent is responsible for the coordination of performing electric operating procedures in conjunction with the electric power utilities which provide primary high voltage service for the traction power system.
- Performs major repairs, inspection, adjustments, testing, cleaning, lubrication, and proper maintenance on assigned traction power equipment in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers’ maintenance instructions. Performs modifications on assigned equipment based on pre-engineered technical data. Performs Traction Power-type renovation/installation work as required.
- Evaluates causes for failures in the Electrical Power and support equipment, initiating positive measures to improve equipment performance. Provides accountability of all electronic/electrical equipment assigned.
- Inspects the installation and performs required tests for new electrical power facilities to ensure conformity to contract specifications.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Satisfactory completion of an acceptable electronic/electro-mechanical course and progressively responsible experience in electro-mechanical train control work associated with rapid rail transit, conventional railroad or related systems are required.
- One (1) to two (2)+ years of experience in the maintenance/repair of complex power distribution equipment.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- One (1) to two (2) or more years of experience in Traction Power maintenance as related to a rail/metro system.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.