Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Regional and Mass Transit Fleet Engineering Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be the person responsible to design and implement the Fleet Engineering activities for Regional and Mass Transit fleets at Global level. The position is based in Naples, Genoa or Pistoia, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Assure the Contractual KPI and RAM data collection in the service operation of the vehicles, defining the data records structure according to the Contractual requirements. Support Project Management Team in presenting RAM data to Customer.
- Support OS&M Operation on infrastructure based systems to ensure any notifications or maintenance alerts are received, and develop means of using this data to support Condition Based and Predictive Maintenance;
- Support Maintenance Optimisation Engineering Team for the definition of Spare Part List, both warranty and extra-warranty, and optimize maintenance cost based on level of repair analysis (LORA).
- Support Material Handling and Logistic Support Team within definition of spare part repair cost responsibility.
- Provide feedbacks from the Field to Design for Maintenance (D4M) team;
- Support Industrial Engineering and Mobilization Teams in defining depot tools;
- Validate the Maintenance Documentation on the Train, with support of OS&M Operation Team;
- Validate the Remote Diagnostic data and Algorithms for the Product Evolution department;
- Perform the first level of investigation and to escalate failures, maintenance and safety defects issued by S&M Operations, providing the necessary reports when required;
- Supporting OS&M Maintenance Engineering in Continuous Improvement, in practices development and in the Fleet Reliability Growth;
- Ensure the Maintenance Plan Optimisation in support of current and future contracts;
- Manage the Technical and RAM meeting with Customer and together with OS&M Operation Team, with the support of OS&M System Engineering when needed;
- Support Manual & Training and Design Team in definition of diagnostic tool, special tools and maintenance SW.
- Support the regional OS&M Operations in the “Derogation process” and Special Check definition, performing specific risk analysis and providing immediate temporary solution case by case, upon the level of criticality, involving when necessary Engineering Design
- Responsible for the REX (Return of Experience).
- Minimum 6 years’ railway vehicles Services and Maintenance engineering experience
- Minimum 4 year of experience to have managed Field Fleet Engineering in Railway Business in an International Environment
- Proven experience in manage Fleet Maintenance performances
- International experience and proven capability to manage internationals teams and projects related to Maintenance Optimisation, Design for Maintenance and Maintenance Engineering
- Knowledge of Maintenance task and its economical impact on the Total Cost of Ownership
- Willingness challenge yourself with large-scale International projects
- Team person, able to work with a variety of stakeholders Excellence Negotiation and communication Skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills and ability to influence diverse international teams
- Experience in modern Lean Organization
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively and apply judgement and experience to make effective and timely decisions
- Excellent troubleshooter
- Open, Positive and Collaborative approach.
- Previous experience within Rolling Stock Engineering department
- Operation and Maintenance Processes Knowledge
- Previous experience in System Engineering.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts