Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Technical Support Specialist who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Milan, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Provides technical/specialist support to the order/construction site teams for problems related to the maintenance/assistance/commissioning activities of competence
- Prepares and delivers technical training interventions for the benefit of site personnel or the customer
- Supports site personnel in solving particularly complex maintenance interventions
- Coordinates maintenance / assistance / commissioning interventions of particular complexity at the site, in case of need
- Sets up and guides the activities and resources of the construction site on a technical level, identifying potential critical issues that arise and providing know-how to prevent / overcome them
- Performs the troubleshooting, analyzing the malfunction and identifying the causes
- Finds the tools, equipment and materials / spare parts necessary for the intervention
- Performs the repair operation following the maintenance procedures
- Checks the integrity of any disassembled and / replaced parts
- Performs the functional testing of the system subject to the intervention
- Performs preventive maintenance interventions where required
- Fill in the fault report and the intervention form, entering them in the HRI information system
- Evidence of the recurrence of operating anomalies by filling in the appropriate form to the interested HRI corporate bodies (Design, PM, Quality ...)
- Supports the maintenance / assistance technicians of decentralized firms
- Ensures compliance with workplace safety regulations for the part of competence
- Enter the rolling stock operating data on the company information system
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Bachelor of Science or technical degree required preferably in mechanical, electrical or systems engineering;
- In-depth knowledge of electric engines, in the railway or automotive field;PE a plus
- Minimum 10 years working on railway projects in warranty or Maintenance role
- Previous work in the train transport system, as a system technician / integrator a plus
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale railway project
- Able to perform mechanical and electrical circuit engineering
- Ability to test diesel or electric engines in railway field
- Ability to place mechanical and electrical systems into service
- Ability to interpret contract specification
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical and electrical line drawing, schematics and cable plans
- Previous experience in the testing and commissioning of electric system, in the railway field
- Management of operation and maintenance processes
- Manage and guide assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform testing and troubleshooting activities
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanical, electrical and electronic tools
- Ability to read and interpret HV-MV-LV functional diagrams
- Knowledge of the devices installed on railway rolling stock
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanical and electrical equipment / tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and functional diagrams
- Knowledge of subsystems and mechanical. electrical and pneumatic equipment installed on railway rolling stock
- Significant work experience in the railway vehicle sector
- Availability to work on daily, night and holiday shifts, both in Italy and abroad
- Attitude to team working and relations with HR / customer / supplier technicians
Mechanical , Electrical technology/Associate Degree or equivalent technical background.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts