Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Rolling Stock Preventative Lead Maintenance Technician to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Leads and supervises the PV Maintenance Technicians to perform preventative maintenance on the PV equipment
- Ensures that the PV technicians comply with all maintenance procedures and instructions including; safety, quality, environmental procedures
- Planning of preventive maintenance activities to meet train availability for service requirements
- Implements and follows-up on procedures and rules for service, repair and maintenance of PVs in relation to the technicians
- Ensuring staff are competent and trained to follow safety and maintenance procedures and instructions
- Ensuring that sufficient materials, hand tools and equipment are on hand for maintenance activities
- Early identification of failure trends that may impact fleet availability
- Ensures that the PV maintenance equipment is calibrated in accordance with manufacturers requirements
- Liaison and supervision of supplier’s staff who perform works on the PV
- Preparation of reports as directed by the Rolling Stock Supervisor
- Manages the resources assigned to RS PV maintenance section in order to optimize utilization of resources
- Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the O&M organization regulations and union agreements
- Assists in developing, planning and implementing the department's preventive maintenance, component overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program
- Responsible for conducting inspections and acceptance of new trains maintenance
- Entering information into the MMIS system
- Perform related duties as requested by the Rolling Stock and Depot Manager
- Role requires flexibility and efficiently which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems
- Perform additional job duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with PV technical systems including brakes, trucks, HVAC, couplers, door systems etc.
- Electrical PV maintenance and repair
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 3 years’ experience in the preventive maintenance of PV technical systems including; brakes, trucks, HVAC, couplers, door systems etc.
- Use of specialized passenger train equipment such as lifting jacks
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.