Job ID: R0005675
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior O&M Network Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate, will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware within a railway signalling environment. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A robust knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is required. The position is based in Boston, MA.
• Primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, backups, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
• Leading and implementing network security measures and planning.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software
• Monitoring network performance and ensuring the networks operate in accordance with the requirements.
• Conferring with network users and stakeholders with regards resolving system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
• Align the software relevant requirements with internal and external experts (e.g. supplier) as well as with our customers
• Understand common Safety Method-Risk Assessed process / standard EN 50128 / EN 50667
• Interface direct with customer and stakeholders for system improvements and modifications
• Serve as primary contact for network system management.
• Participate to technical reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, ensuring the identification and implementation of corrective and improvement actions
• Contribute to the identification and management of the System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
• Ensure the achievement of the identified KPIs
• Ensure Client relationship by ensuring a direct interface with the client
• Contribute to the promotion of business opportunities and manage the Change Orders/Variation Orders
• Follow established department processes and document all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Minimum 10+ years of experience of the network system design, construction, testing and commissioning within a Train Control Systems and Equipment environment ideally with the following Train Control Systems: Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC), Automatic Train Supervision (ATS), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Solid State Interlocking (SSI), Cab Signaling and/or conventional signaling system Vital and non-vital processor programming
• Experience in Train Control System Network Management, Construction Management and/or Project Management Preferred
• Qualifications Professional Engineering License preferred
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Network security experience especially within cybersecurity.
• LAN and WAN experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.