HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Signaling Design Engineer (Senior Data Configuration Engineer) who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Analyzing drawings and documents that are specific to the project
- Determining the best possible values for the parameters braking distances and times, speed limits in special modes of operation, various timer or delay values, worst-case dimensions
- Develop map of all objects belonging to the system, including signals, switches, tracks, crossings, speed limit zones, and other special zones or objects
- Responsible for Configuration control documents and maintains these documents throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for generating the CBTC subsystem software kits (binary and other files) for the system.
- Responsible for managing the software generation process and reports as needed for any bugs or development needs for the generic CBTC subsystem software generation tools.
- Revises and maintains the CBTC subsystem software kits using revision-controlled documents and maintains these documents.
- Strong ability to read and analyze sets of technical documents
- Strong ability to understand large and complex sets of rules
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information to understand the implications of that information
- Experience using computing tools such as Python or MATLAB for modeling or simulation of physical systems
- Demonstrated mastery of calculus, differential equations, introductory physics, probability, and numerical optimization
- Ability to write and maintain technical documents
- Ability to explain physical, mathematical, and logical systems in writing and in technical presentations
- Eagerness to ask questions and to engage colleagues for the purpose of gaining and sharing knowledge
- Eagerness to support an inclusive team through recognition of the contributions and value of other team members and through open and honest communication
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Familiarity with railway interlocking principles
- Familiarity with the IEEE 1474.1 safe braking model
- Experience with software configuration management and familiarity with one or more version control tools (e.g. CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic Linux commands
- Experience with debugging in Python
Languages: English Proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.