Job ID: R0005679
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC.
• Ensure the implementation of assigned actions as per the manufacturing action plan (i.e. audit, failure analysis, improvement plan, etc.)
• Work with IT resources to ensure test software and data systems (based on SQL database server) are operating correctly with data maintenance as required.
• Communicate issues to R&D department for assigned activities and submit forms and markups for documentation updates.
• Support analysis and continuous improvement of production test yield, working to identify root cause and propose solutions.
• Support technology transfers of test processes across the global supply chain.
• Support definition of test requirements, and test process creation for new products as part of new product introduction team.
• Ensure the implementation of new test process and tools as per assigned action plans.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• at least 3 years of Manufacturing experience
• Problem anticipation and solving techniques, strong at troubleshooting.
• Mechanically oriented, able to use common tools for disassembly & reassembly of various pieces of test equipment.
• Ability to work in a team environment and build effective relationships, customer focused.
• NI LabVIEW programming (multiple versions deployed).
• Strong skills in Microsoft Windows based pc hardware and software (98, XP, 7, 10). Networking setup and troubleshooting.
• Ability to use various tools for documentation purposes (MS Word; MS Excel; CAD tools for schematic & mechanical).
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience in developing and maintaining automated test equipment using commercial instruments such as NI PXI system.
• Experience in an electronic assembly/pcba manufacturing environment.
• NI TestStand
• Boundary Scan Tools (XJTAG, Corelis).
• LINUX and/or DOS.
• Soldering and wire crimping experience (IPC certifications).
Education / Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.