Job ID: R0005703
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic & self-motivated Honolulu Project Quality Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Perform the functions of Project Quality Manager on the Hitachi Rail Honolulu (HRH) Core Systems Contract per Honolulu Rail Transit Project (HRTP) Special Provisions. These functions include:
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5-10 Years Business Experience in Quality Management, including Quality Assurance/Quality Control activities, in a Project environment overseeing the delivery of contracts of a similar scope and complexity to the Honolulu Rail Transit Project;
• University Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical background
• Hawaii-registered Professional Engineer License
• Preparation and Implementation of Quality Assurance Plans and procedures for design and/or construction
• Experience in Software Quality Assurance, Hardware Quality Assurance, and Configuration Management
• Design-Build experience
• Process Management Knowledge and organization techniques
• Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity Management
• Knowledge of Project Management
• Excellent knowledge MS Office package, in particular Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Good problem solving skills
• Knowledge and implementation experience of applicable standards (e.g., ISO 9001:2015, CENELEC, CMMI, IRIS, etc.).
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred;
• Demonstrated experience in installation and testing of rail transit systems and vehicles;
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural team environment for effective project delivery;
• Certification to ISO 9001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor (CQA), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), or Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence (CQM/OE) a plus.
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.